This Page

has been moved to new address

Pasta “Fazool”

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Vegan Planet: Pasta “Fazool”

Monday, January 24, 2011

 

Pasta “Fazool”


If this isn’t pasta fazool weather, I don’t know what is. Nothing takes the chill off like a bowl of stick-to-your ribs pasta and beans in saucy tomatoes. Side note: I didn’t find out until I was in my 20s that “fazool” was just mangled Italian-American for “fagioli” (beans).

Yesterday I made the fastest “zool” ever: I happened to have about 4 cups of cooked farfalle in the fridge and about a cup and a half of marinara sauce. I combined them in a pot with a can of petite diced tomatoes, a can of white beans, a splash of water, and lots of dried oregano, basil, a little salt, red pepper flakes and some cracked black pepper. That’s it. Heat and serve. Ready to eat in about 10 minutes. The best part? Jon said it was the best pasta e fagioli he ever ate and that it tasted like it had been cooking for hours!


Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]