This Page

has been moved to new address

Farmer's Market Jackpot

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Vegan Planet: Farmer's Market Jackpot

Sunday, July 3, 2011

 

Farmer's Market Jackpot


What a haul we got at the local farmer's market yesterday. I thought I was buying enough to last the week, but it all looked so good that I cooked up most of it yesterday and now, barely 24 hours later, about two-thirds of it is already gone (but not forgotten!).

Dinner last night was chopped zucchini, spring onions, and tomatoes, all tossed with a little olive oil and salt and pepper and roasted until tender. Before serving, I added about a cup of fresh basil and tossed to combine.  It was so delicious.

We also had some of the corn -- and it was fantastic!  I often find that the very early corn and the very late corn of the season aren't all that flavorful, but this stuff was great.  While I had the oven on, I also roasted the little potatoes, ostensibly to use in potato salad tomorrow -- but, of course, we had to sample them at dinner, tossed with fresh parsley and a little Earth Balance.  I roasted the beets too, but somehow we managed to leave them uneaten for now -- we'll probably have them with dinner tonight. 

Not shown in the photo is some lovely leaf lettuce that I also got at the farmer's market, along with peaches and a nice-looking watermelon -- a 4th of July tradition at our house.

Hope you all have a happy and safe holiday weekend and be sure to keep the animals inside so they're not frightened by fireworks!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Yet another prize-winning photo! Absolutely gorgeous, and undoubtedly delicious besides!
 
Thanks very much, Karen. You're right, it was all (and continues to be) very delicious!
 
Farmer's markets allow me to do a lot of fruit, vegetable and flower exploring. Great quality, variety and prices. I once scored some beautiful spinach for only $3 per pound at a farmer's market here in NYC.
http://veganonashoestring.blogspot.com
 
Farmer's markets allow me to do a lot of fruit, vegetable and flower exploring. Great quality, variety and prices. I once scored some beautiful spinach for only $3 per pound at a farmer's market here in NYC.
veganonashoestring.blogspot.com
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]